Company: University of San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Update your details, view your application and progress.Keep
informed about job opportunities at USD. Position Title &
Department: -Compensation Analyst; Human Resources Posting # 4310
Department Description: The role of Human Resources is to attract,
retain and support a quality workforce so that collectively we can
provide an exceptional educational experience for our students.
University Description: The University of San Diego, a contemporary
and engaged Roman Catholic institution , was founded by the Diocese
of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed
by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains
committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic
intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and
beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher
education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions
and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD
relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the
development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation
of humanity's urgent challenges . Detailed Description: Reporting
to the Director, Compensation & Systems, the Compensation Analyst
is responsible for the management of the university's compensation
programs, including salary structure development and maintenance,
job analysis, job descriptions, job classification, salary surveys,
data analysis and recommendations to management. Provides
professional guidance, coordination, training and support to the
university community, in the application of compensation management
principles, guidelines, procedures and best practices. Also
provides HR generalist support in the areas of compliance,
reporting and training. Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains the staff/administrator salary
structure, conducting analysis and making recommendations for
changes and executing changes, as needed to maintain. May
periodically work with external consultants and internal task
- Manages processes for classifying new and changing jobs in the
salary structure, reviewing job descriptions and working with HR
classification review committee as designated to ensure consistency
and timeliness of the classification process.
- Counsels and trains supervisors on issues of job description
development, pay grade classifications, employee status changes,
wage and hour regulations, personnel procedures, etc. Ensures
campus compliance with wage and hour regulations, including
exempt/non-exempt classification and other regulations guiding
payment of employees.
- Manages the annual increase process for employees, including
cost analysis, timelines, campus communications, etc. Works closely
with Central Budget and campus budget administrators (HR
- Assists Director and AVP-HR with analysis and recommendations
for executive compensation.
- Ensures compliance with changes in minimum wage regulations,
planning for and managing processes for implementing required
increases. Includes cost analysis, timelines, ITS support, campus
- Assists with the development and implementation of the Workday
compensation system, including report development, the annual merit
increase process and the addition and maintenance of job
descriptions in Workday. Surveys -
- Participates in a variety of local and/or national salary
surveys on an annual basis or ad hoc basis. Makes recommendations
to management regarding the university's participation in outside
surveys. Serves as HR lead on CUPA-HR survey purchase,
participation and analysis.
- Identifies appropriate sources and conducts salary surveys as
requested, working with departments that request salary data for
- Researches and analyzes competitive compensation practices in
the job market.
- Analyzes survey data, prepares and summarizes reports and makes
recommendations to management regarding initial hiring rates,
annual employee increases, salary equity issues, and proposed
- Participates in DOL Bureau of Labor Statistics quarterly salary
surveys and others as requested. HR Generalist Activities
- Coordinates with employment staff and hiring supervisors on the
development of job descriptions for new and/or changing positions,
communicating position classification information and ensuring that
positions are posted with appropriate rates/classifications.
- Conducts compliance audits in employment and compensation to
ensure department compliance with state and federal regulations.
Makes recommendations to management regarding compliance issues.
Creates action plans to address compliance issues and works with
Human Resources colleagues and university constituents to implement
action plan. Assists in monitoring performance of the action plan
and conducts compliance audits to address any other issues.
- Assists with the development of course syllabus, outlines and
course materials for training subjects related to compensation and
wage and hour regulations. Conducts training workshops as needed.
Topics may include job description writing, wage and hour
regulations, compensation classification and philosophy, Workday,
- Collaborates with other HR colleagues on projects and process
- Develops written departmental procedures in all areas. Drafts
correspondence and publications in the areas of compensation, wage
and hour regulations, and exempt v. non-exempt status; maintain
assigned web pages and employee portal resources.
- Represents HR as requested in professional organization and at
meetings. Participates in various campus committees as
needed.Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment
background check.Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered
employment in this position will be required to provide official
education transcripts for degree verification purposes. - Job
Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree and two years relevant experience in the
areas of compensation, employment, recruitment and/or training
required, preferably in a medium to large organization.
- High School Diploma, plus two additional years of related
experience may substitute for the education requirement. -
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal wage & hour and
employment regulations, and knowledge of record maintenance
- Experience in higher education a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, strong
customer service orientation.Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with large ERP/HRIS systems such as
Workday.Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills and
- Knowledge of state and federal wage & hour and employment
regulations and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of compensations practices, job analysis and job
- Knowledge of USD's personnel policies & procedures,
organization and benefits.Skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional training platform skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Independent judgment and decision making skills.
- Professional and friendly presentation.Abilities
- Ability to administer systematic processes to maintain
integrity in personnel practices.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet process and project
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to deal in an effective and positive manner with a wide
variety of people.
- Ability to handle confidential employment and payroll
information with confidentiality and tact.Commensurate with
experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits
package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement
contribution given to you by the University, and access to
on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our
website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to
offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits Special Application
Instructions: Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application
and, for full consideration, please upload a -resume -to your
application profile for the hiring managers' review. You are also
strongly recommended to upload a -cover letter -to your application
profile for the hiring managers' review. If you have any questions
or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at
619-260-6806, or email us at -firstname.lastname@example.org - Hours: 37.5 hours
per weekNote: External job postings will be up for at least five
days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring
manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be
selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date
earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer
committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested
in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of
the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus.
For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree. Advertised:
August 23, 2022 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled In compliance with the Jeanne
Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime
Statistics Act, the Clery Act, the University of San Diego
publishes a combined Annual Security and Fire Safety Report for
review. This report includes institutional policies concerning:
campus security; procedures for reporting crime, fire, and other
emergencies; emergency response and evacuation procedures; sexual
misconduct and relationship violence reporting and response
standards and protocols; alcohol and drug policies; and statistics
for the previous three years concerning reported crimes that
occurred within the institutions Clery reportable geography.
Individuals may request a print copy of the report at the
University of San Diego Department of Public Safety, located in the
Hughes Administration Center, Room 150.
Keywords: University of San Diego, San Diego , Compensation Analyst, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!