Company: HD Supply
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job SummaryFacilitates load management, including the accurate and
efficient dispatching of all dedicated drivers in the facility.
Coach and train new and existing members of delivery team. Makes
deliveries daily in a dynamic area in an efficient and effective
manner. Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Coordinates the loading and dispatching of all routes.
Dispatcher or customer resolution responsibility.
- Perform routine inspection of vehicle and supplies to ensure
- Plan route to and from customers' businesses and adjust for
traffic and/or construction.
- Coaches and trains new and existing members. Provide timely
feedback to management on team's performance.
- Load truck with daily merchandise to be delivered as well as
unload merchandise for customer.
- Prepare and maintain records in accordance with company
policies and procedures.
- Deliver merchandise to customer and contact customer if they
are not present.
- Performs back-up warehouse responsibilities and other duties as
Nature and Scope
- Problems are typically difficult and/or high impact.
Troubleshoots complex support or operational problems for junior
- Under limited supervision, independently resolves issues and
applies a variety of methods to develop customized solutions. May
lead the daily operations of a department or team. Work typically
involves infrequent review of output by a supervisor or direct
customers of the process.
- Assists with supervisory duties but does not have hiring/firing
authority. Trains, delegates tasks, and reviews the work of junior
- Typically located in a comfortable environment but with regular
exposure to factors that may cause noticeable discomfort or a
moderate risk of accident or illness, such as temperature extremes,
moving machinery, loud noises, and fumes.
- Requires intermittent periods during which continuous physical
exertion is required, such as walking, standing, stooping,
climbing, lifting, and maneuvering material or equipment that may
be heavy (50+ pounds) or awkward.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the
Education and Experience
- Technical certification or associate degree may be required in
some areas. Generally 7+ years of experience in area of
Keywords: HD Supply, San Diego , Lead Driver, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!