Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Title: Demand PlannerLocation: San Diego, CADuration: 6+
MonthsHours: 40:00 -Summary: The Demand Manager is responsible for
the Demand Planning Consensus Process for the US, and Global Demand
Management as it relates to aggregation and review of Global unit
forecasts of their product portfolio. This position is accountable
for leading the US Demand Consensus Process, and supporting all
other regions to drive demand planning best practice processes, to
enable the desired business results for global forecast accuracy.
The position is also responsible to act as a liaison between
Regional Demand/Supply planning associates, and the WW Supply
Planning team. -Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the monthly U.S. Demand Consensus Process. Generates
SKU level forecasts for the U.S. region to meet the guidance
provided by U.S. marketing. Utilizes a variety of tools to
accomplish this task including SAP, Excel, QlikView and other tools
as needed. Proactively identifies risks and opportunities
throughout the U.S. Demand Consensus process as well as the
S&OP process. Accountable for meeting forecast accuracy goals
for the U.S. region.
- Responsible for global MMS demand management. Leads or attends
the monthly WW Demand Review meetings to support Global alignment
of forecasted demand. Consolidates regional forecasts into a global
view and provides data analysis to identify areas of concern.
Conducts monthly WW Forecast Review with WW marketing teams to
monitor the regional and WW Forecast changes, deltas and
discrepancies. Communicates concerns and required adjustments to
the Regional Demand/Supply team.
- Builds and develops global relationships between the supply and
demand processes at all levels. Resolves concerns from supply
planning about regional forecast variances. Resolves concerns from
regions concerning supply issues.
- Serves as a first line source of information concerning product
availability and product status for WW and U.S. Marketing
- Supports PLM activities of the Core Teams and WW Marketing
Teams, primarily new product introductions, product conversions,
and product obsolescence activities. Proactively communicates
information on these to regional Demand Planning teams. Summarizes
and analyzes demand and forecast activities in the regions.
Communicates status to the Core and WW marketing Teams and
addresses errors with regional Demand Planning teams. Provides
updates on these activities through the S&OP process.
- Manages the process for SKUs identified by WW Marketing for
manual allocation. -Knowledge/Skills:
- Excellent analytical skills, communication skills, and good
resolution skills needed to solve business conflicts.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-oriented skills with the
ability to flex work styles in a multi-cultural environment.
- Thorough knowledge in ERP computer systems and software
applications with working knowledge of analytical techniques and
statistical evaluation systems, inclusive of inventory management
techniques (i.e.: SAP ECC, MRP). Proficient Excel skills to
manipulate and analyze data.
- Able to operate successfully, interacting, and interfacing with
multi-levels of internal and external customers in a matrix
- Demand Planning experience required, Supply planning experience
- Proven track record in leading change and achieving results,
with or without direct authority.
- Demonstrated customer-centric focus and global
- Reasonable understanding of how the medical supply and consumer
businesses work. -Education:
- BS/BA Business Administration, Statistics, Economics, Logistics
or related degree.
- APICS certified (CPIM). -Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of Supply Chain Planning experience (Demand,
Supply, Production Planning).
- Experience in a leader role to implement change preferred.
- Extensive experience with MRP/ERP systems and Microsoft Office.
Knowledge of integrated Supply Chain Systems (i.e.: SAP ECC,
- Knowledge and awareness of Lean techniques and Six Sigma a
- Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex,
creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or
domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics,
disability, military eligibility or veteran status. -
Keywords: millenniumsoft, San Diego , Demand Planner, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!