Senior DevOps Engineer (SAP Cloud Commerce)
Company: PlayStation Global
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 26, 2023
PlayStation Direct is THE online store where PlayStation fans can
purchase consoles, accessories, games and more, directly from
PlayStation. Be part of the team driving rapid growth and solve the
engineering and operational challenges of being a global eCommerce
PlayStation Direct Engineering/Operation's mission is to operate an
always on and highly available e-commerce experience to be the best
place to buy PlayStation products. Some of what we are responsible
include the following:
- Keeping our customers happy by evolving the application stack
to improve high levels of operational availability. Achieve
uninterrupted 247365 operations.
- Enable our engineering teams by supplementing technical
development and bug fixes, delivering an automated CI/CD pipeline,
and embedding within SCRUM teams to ensure operational readiness is
not an afterthought by injecting solutions for observability,
releasability, maintainability, resiliency, and others.
- Partner with our business teams to plan and drive high volume
events such as PS5 console sales. Get the products into the hands
of our customers while protecting against bots, scalpers, and other
You'll have a broad array of responsibilities that cut across both
development and operations.
What you'll be doing:
- Senior DevOps engineer, SAP Commerce Cloud will play a vital
role in the development, design, testing, deployment, and operation
of PlayStation Direct global ecommerce store.
- Share new concepts, strategies or innovative approaches to
development execution that will have significant impact on the
- Employ strong coding standards for efficiency, readability, and
reuse of code
- Key DevOps responsibilities
- Conduct storefront operations with multi-functional team
members conducting pre-order, sales, and other eCommerce
- Build out and maintain a CI/CD pipeline with a mentality of
automation from development out to production
- Enable software developers ready their services and
applications for production by focusing reliability, resiliency,
scalability, observability, and security.
- Provide rotational on-call support where you'll respond,
investigate, and resolve production incidents.
- Conduct, document, and present root cause analysis documents to
share insights with the broader organization.
- Identify areas for process automation and develop automated
scripts and tools for regular operational activities.
What we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will primary have SAP development experience.
Having both AEM development and DevOps experience will be a
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science or related
- A minimum of five years of SAP Hybris related experience
leading and delivering full life cycle implementations
- Strong experience with API integration with other SAP products
(e.g., CPI and S4) and payment processors
- Over five years of experience developing business critical
software using Enterprise Java/J2EE, Web Services, REST, JSON/XML,
Servlet containers, JAXRS, Spring, and related
- Experience with project automation technologies like: Jenkins,
Automated unit testing, Maven, SonarQube, Jira and GitHub
- Proven understanding of web technologies like Tomcat, Apache
http, Content delivery networks (CDN, Akamai)
- Identify and resolve performance and scalability
- Working in Agile development practices and scrum model
- Flexibility to work with geographically complementary team and
familiar with the onsite/offshore working models.
- Excellent communication skills and be able to clearly and
concisely communicate both verbally and in writing with both
technical team members and business process owners.
Keywords: PlayStation Global, San Diego , Senior DevOps Engineer (SAP Cloud Commerce), Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!