Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: ASML Germany GmbH
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Introduction to the job ASML US, including its affiliates and
subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science
and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to
producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We
design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced
machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading
chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of
their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful
consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven,
Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United
States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and
San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut., and Oregon.We are
looking for a talented Electrical Engineer with a strong and
diverse background in digital and analog circuit design to join our
DUV EE controls team. This position will be a key contributor in
sustaining the embedded electronic control systems in our DUV
lasers. Role and responsibilities
- Develops hardware specifications and theory of operations.
- Develops qualification and test plans for design verification
- Conducts board bring up, trouble shooting, and performance
- Digital and analog circuit design.
- FPGA design in VHDL or Verilog.
- Circuit Board design (creates detailed schematics and directs
printed circuit board component placement, routing, layout, and BOM
- Determines key timing constraints for microprocessors, FPGAs,
and bus architectures.
- Collaborates with software and technology teams on new product
design and sustaining engineering. Driving the team to deliver the
functional overview and functional block diagrams describing the
location of the electronics parts in the (sub) system.
- Driving and supervise the team to deliver the functional
specification (EPS), test specification (TPS), design specification
(EDS) and qualification document (TAR) of the electrical
infrastructure and electrical (sub) modules.
- Driving and supervise the team to define, document and maintain
requirements and roadmaps for the electrical layout
- Concept study and definition of the electrical infrastructure
of the products.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred
implementation scenario for the realization of the electrical
- Make concept designs that meet the international standards on
electrical safety, EMC, and system performance requirement.
- Operate in a multidisciplinary team and interface with multiple
projects to realize own work.
- Manage the electrical interfaces between the modules in the
- Drive the time to implement engineering changes into the
- Investigate and solve issues on the Electrical
- Participate in realization of the infrastructure like
connection panels, electronic racks & cabinets, and mains
- Represent project team in different meetings.
- Make a personal work breakdown planning, align with team and
- Continuously improve the design processes.
- Mentor and coach the junior Electrical Design Engineers.
- Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new
challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the
only way to do that.
- You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be part of a
creative, dynamic work environment where you'll collaborate with
- There is always space for creative and unique points of view.
You'll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle
tasks and solve problems. Education and experience
- Requires a bachelor's degree in electrical or computer
- At least 8 years of relevant work-related experience. Skills
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you'll always have new
challenges and new problems to solve - and working together is the
only way to do that. You won't work in a silo. Instead, you'll be
part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you'll
collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for
creative and unique points of view. You'll have the flexibility and
trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.To
thrive in this job, you'll need the following skills:
- Project leadership skills.
- Strong background in digital circuit design with
microprocessors (ARM, PowerPC), FPGAs (Altera, Xilinx), and
- Good background in analog circuit design (sensors, amplifiers,
ADC, grounding, shielding).
- Experience in FPGA design using VHDL or Verilog.
- Design experience in bus architectures and signal interfaces
such as PCI, PCIe, CAN, SPI, I2C, LVDS, USB, SDIO, Ethernet,
- Experience with schematic capture tools (OrCAD preferred).
- Experience directing PCB layout (component placement, routing,
- Hands on experience with board bring up and hardware
- Experience with electronics test equipment - logic analyzers,
oscilloscopes, communication bus analyzers, etc.
- Experience creating specification and theory of operation
documents. Solid technical knowledge on electronics, safety and
- Experience with general electrical engineering principles and
electrical development methods and processes.
- Strong and sound knowledge of electrical connection methods,
digital circuitry and power electronics (AC mains power and DC
- Solid Knowledge and practical experience on EMC and EMI.
- Understanding of electrical safety standards (IEC) and US
standards (NFPA, UL). Diversity & Inclusion ASML is an Equal
Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a
diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to
recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran
status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We
recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the
success of our company. Other information The California base
annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $121,875.00 -
$203,125.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and
alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through
interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are
unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related
skills, relevant education and experience, certifications,
abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members.
Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program,
benefits and equity during the hiring process.EOE AA
M/F/Veteran/DisabilityNeed to know more about applying for a job at
ASML? Read our .#LI-SR1
Keywords: ASML Germany GmbH, San Diego , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...