System Analyst Lead
Company: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a System
Analyst Lead -in San Diego, CA. Your primary function will be to
provide Systems Engineering Support Services (SESS) supporting
Mobile User Objective System (MUOS), Space Systems Command (SSC),
United States Space Force (USSF). Why is MTSI known as a Great
Place to Work?
- Interesting Work: - Our co-workers support some of the most
important and critical programs to our national defense and
security. - -
- Values: -Our first core value is that employees come first. -We
challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support
and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the
- 100% Employee Ownership: -we have a stake in each other's
success, and the success of our customers. - It's also nice to know
what's going on across the company; we have company wide town-hall
meetings three times a year. - -
- Great Benefits - Most Full-Time Staff Are Eligible for: -
- Starting PTO accrual of 20 days PTO/year + 10
- Flexible schedules
- 6% 401k match with immediate vesting
- Semi-annual bonus eligibility (July and December)
- Company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) - a
separate qualified retirement account
- Up to $10,000 in annual tuition reimbursement
- Other company funded benefits, like life and disability
- Optional zero deductible Blue Cross/Blue Shield health
- Track Record of Success: - We have grown every year since our
founding in 1993Modern Technology Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is a 100%
employee-owned engineering services and solutions company that
provides high-demand technical expertise in Digital Transformation,
Modeling and Simulation, Rapid Capability Development, Test and
Evaluation, Artificial Intelligence, Autonomy, Cybersecurity and
Mission Assurance. MTSI delivers capabilities to solve problems of
global importance. Founded in 1993, MTSI today has employees at
over 20 offices and field sites worldwide.For more information
about MTSI, please visit .Responsibilities:Modern Technology
Solutions, Inc. (MTSI) is seeking a System Analyst Lead to join our
team in San Diego, CA. -As a System Analyst Lead with MTSI, you
will interact daily with government program managers and industry
subject matter experts across multiple military branches to assist
the government with technical assessments, strategic planning, and
engineering evaluations.Your essential job functions will include
but may not be limited to:
- Lead a 5 person team of Systems Engineering Support Services
(SESS) / Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC)
System Analysts in their daily roles and responsibilities.
- Apply diverse engineering practices, techniques, and processes
to identify and resolve difficult issues, as well as ensure
resolutions are consistent with program objectives, existing
policies, and procedures.
- Apply professional knowledge of engineering to establish
requirements for technical objectives and characteristics.
- Develop system performance requirements, objectives and
integration, and the estimation of time and resources for system
design, development, and support. Plan, analyze, and evaluate
engineering and technical efforts used to define system/subsystem
requirements, translate requirements into design criteria, assess
alternative design approaches, and develop system
- Prepare technical reports and briefings to inform leadership
and stakeholders of project status and outcomes.
- Develop and implement a strategy for integrating MUOS space
satellite service life extension efforts with the ground network
including ground network modernization efforts.
- Responsible for accredited MUOS Performance Model, ensure code
baseline aligns with Delta 8 Modeling and Simulation Tool
- Prepare Systems Tool Kit (STK) analysis for system analysis and
visualization of MUOS antenna models.
- Analyze system capacity for future Five Eye Alliance (FVEY) and
other access to MUOS.
- Analyze and produce engineering solutions to system level
- Prepare system metrics to inform leadership and stakeholders of
project status and outcomes.
- Digital engineering champion. Develop Model-Based Systems
Engineering (MBSE) government reference architecture to reduce
integration risk of MUOS service life extension. Outline program
Digital Engineering (DE) / MBSE future goals and
- Minimum five (5) years experience with DoD acquisitions or in a
related commercial industry field/sector.
- Experience with modeling and simulation, data flow diagrams,
and decision trees/tables.
- Experience in preparing analysis using Matlab models and
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.Education
Requirements: - -
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering or closely related
technical field from an accredited university or college.
- Master's degree in an engineering or closely related technical
field from an accredited university or college (Desired).Clearance
- Active DoD Secret clearance to start.
- Top Secret with SCI Eligibility, (Desired).
- U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.Travel
- Estimated five (5) days per quarter (20 days per year).The pay
range for this position in California is $150,000/year to
$190,000/year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on
established government contract wages, job- related knowledge,
skills, and experience, and other factors. MTSI also offers a full
range of medical, financial, and other benefits, dependent on the
position offered. Base pay information is based on market location.
Applicants should apply via MTSI's internal or external careers
site.For additional company information, please visit:
Keywords: Modern Technology Solutions, Inc., San Diego , System Analyst Lead, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...