Senior Analyst, MQ Freight Forwarding Accounting
Location: San Diego
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job Location: Freight Forwarding San Diego - San Diego, CA
Position Type: Full Time
Education Level: High School/G.E.D
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Travel Percentage: Rarely
Job Shift: 1st
Job Category: Logistics
DescriptionAbout Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
GLOVIS America, Inc. is a third-party logistics provider
headquartered in Irvine, CA. Since our inception in 2002, we are
committed to delivering our customer's products via truck, rail, or
ocean vessel throughout the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Glovis
America makes every effort to exceed standards by providing quality
service to our customers and vendors of the automotive, freight
forwarding, parts distribution, used car, and fuel industries. We
cater logistics strategies and processes to our customers' needs by
utilizing the latest information systems and advanced
The Senior Analyst, Freight Forwarding Administration position will
validate, analyze, and confirm revenue and cost, and perform
month-end closing. In addition, this position will prepare reports
and perform analyses, as well as adopt and implement Accounting
Systems and other supportive tools.
- Validate, Analyze, and Confirm Revenue and Cost
- Analyze detailed service completion data and verify if revenue
and cost are recognized correctly to comply with US GAAP and
- Advise GUS operations or other local departments for correct
revenue and cost recognition methods.
- Analyze service activities and verify any unbilled activities.
Advise GUS operation or local department to prevent delinquency and
improve billing / IT system process.
- Perform data reconciliation between SAP and the operational
- Confirm and post revenue and cost transactions in SAP.
- Month-End Closing
- Prepare revenue and cost accruals in YTD (year to date)
- Analyze the previous year's revenue and cost posted in the
current year and manage the previous year's accrual
- Simulate direct margin and perform P&L analysis before
finalizing book and revisit worksheet or SAP data if
- Allocate SG&A cost according to location for GUS
- Support Finance management to finalize financial statements in
compliance with Sarbanes Oxley, GAAP, IFRS, and Glovis corporate
- Reporting & Analytics
- Prepare P&L analysis monthly, quarterly, and yearly and
compare to business plan
- Red folder Analysis - provide P&L analysis for
customer/vendor contact updates
- Preparing Service line Profitability report for each
- Other Duties as Assigned
- Support Business Planning
- Support the management team, GKR, and Auditors with various
reports or analysis
Benefits of working at Hyundai GLOVIS America Inc.
Health Care & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
Basic Life and AD&D as well as Short-Term & Long-Term
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick leave
Hospital and Critical Illness Insurance
Wellness Program and Gym Reimbursement*
401(k) with Generous Matching
Quarterly Employee Lunches, Summer Refreshments, and Monthly Team
*Benefits may vary by location. All benefits pursuant to Company
- Accounting Knowledge/Background Preferred
- Proficient PC Skills - SAP, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Education & Experience
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Two (2) Years of Experience in Finance or Accounting
- Ability to sit in front of a desk and/or in front of the
computer for long periods
- Repetitive use of hand/grasping product, writing, and
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Working and Environmental Conditions
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job.
- Typical office environment with low-level noise
- Communication with employees and field partners will be
primarily conducted via phone and email.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of
work performed by employees assigned to this position. They are not
intended to be a complete list of all job duties performed by
persons in the position. Glovis America reserves the right to
revise or amend duties at any time as the needs of the company and
requirements of the job change.
Keywords: Glovis, San Diego , Senior Analyst, MQ Freight Forwarding Accounting, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!