GENERAL LABOR/MAINTENANCE (FULL TIME)
Company: Compass Group
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 16, 2023
- We have an opening for a full time GENERAL LABOR/MAINTENANCE
- Location: Pfizer La Jolla - 10777 Science Center Dr., San
Diego, CA 92121 Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: Full time schedule. Monday through Friday, 7:30am -
3:30pm. More details upon interview.
- Requirement: Previous maintenance experience is preferred.
- Pay Range: $19.74 - $29.62 per hour
ESFM is the corporate Integrated Facilities Management (IFM)
division of Compass Group USA and a Keystone member of the
International WELL Building Institute (IWBI).
We Make Applying Easy! Want to apply to this job via text
messaging? Text JOB to 75000 and search requisition ID number
The advertised program is a conversational recruiting assistant
that helps you apply to jobs with Compass Group. Message frequency
varies. Message and data rates may apply. Text STOP to opt out or
HELP for help. Terms and conditions:
Rooted in hospitality, ESFM elevates the workplace experience as
the single source of innovative FM solutions that ensure a safe,
healthy, and sustainable environment. ESFM's clients include many
household names from Life Science, Technology, Oil & Gas and
ESFM self-performs 80% of all IFM solutions provided to clients.
Their portfolio of service categories includes Environment, Health
& Safety, Facilities Maintenance & Engineering, Sustainability,
Janitorial & Industrial Cleaning, Laboratory Support and Workplace
solutions. This self-performance model creates a consistent
hospitality experience for clients, resulting in higher engagement
and productivity from their employees.
In 2020, ESFM (formerly Eurest Services) won the George Graves
Award for Facility Management Achievement from the International
Facilities Management Association (IFMA).
Summary: Assists with the day-to-day upkeep, maintenance and smooth
operation of the building and campus. Repairs, maintains and
assists in the installation of equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one
attention to detail.
- Cleans and polishes furniture and fixtures.
- Performs minor repairs to doors, fixtures and furniture.
- Records information from meters and gauges at specified
intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Makes adjustments and minor repairs to heating, cooling,
ventilating, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Regularly replaces HVAC air filters.
- Monitors building security and safety by performing such tasks
as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical
appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Moves heavy furniture, equipment and supplies either manually
or by using hand trucks.
- Mows and trims lawns and shrubbery, using mowers and hand and
power trimmers; clears debris.
- Notifies managers about the need for major repairs or additions
to building operating systems.
- Removes snow from sidewalks, driveways and parking areas.
- Sets up, arranges and removes decorations, tables, chairs,
ladders and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events.
- Ad-hoc cleaning of building floors by sweeping, mopping,
scrubbing or vacuuming; gathers and empties trash; services, cleans
and supplies restrooms.
- Drives vehicles required to perform work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license may be required.
Associates at ESFM are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services,
and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *We
will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including
those with a criminal history (including relevant driving history),
in a manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and
local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance, and the New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage
applicants with a criminal history (and driving history) to
Keywords: Compass Group, San Diego , GENERAL LABOR/MAINTENANCE (FULL TIME), Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!