Technician - Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia
Company: Sunroad Automotive
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 17, 2023
7303 Clairemont Mesa Blvd, San Diego, CA 92111, USAReq #42Date
Posted: Tuesday, September 5, 2023Technician - Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia
Job Summary:Become a member of a winning team! Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia
is currently accepting applications for a Service Technician.
Service Technicians inspect, maintain and repair vehicles.
Technicians use diagnostic tools to identify the source of problems
and then make adjustments or repairs. As with all positions within
dealerships, Technicians are expected to uphold the highest ethical
standards.Compensation: Employees in this position will be paid a
base hourly wage at the applicable double minimum wage rate
($32.60), plus commissions. Commission amounts vary based on
performance, but the expected average annual earnings are approx.
$75,000 to $150,000. The annual/hourly pay range displayed serves
as a good faith estimate of the minimum and maximum pay range
expected for this role. Compensation for the role will be based on
a number of different factors such as a candidate's qualifications,
skills, competencies, and experience. Responsibilities:
- Identifies mechanical problems, either visually or with
computer diagnostic equipment.
- Performs tests on specific parts and systems to confirm proper
mechanical function; ensures that all critical parts are
- Performs routine and preventive maintenance, including oil
changes and tune-ups.
- Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing work
specified on the repair order with efficiency and in accordance
with dealership and/or factory standards.
- Repairing or replacing all parts of a vehicle including wheels,
axles, frames, defective ball joint suspensions and brake shoes;
installing and repairing air conditioners and servicing components
such as compressors, condensers, and controls; and testing
electronic computer components in automobiles to ensure that they
are working properly.
- Communicating directly with the Service Advisor so that
customers can be informed if any additional service is needed.
- Providing an estimate of time needed for additional
- Inspecting and testing new vehicles for damage and recording
findings so that necessary repairs can be made.
- Supervising and training apprentice or entry-level
- Repairs or replaces malfunctioning parts and systems, such as
brake pads, belts, water pumps, transmissions, and other mechanical
- Performs further tests, which may include test driving the
vehicle, to ensure repairs are completed correctly.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- Have two to five years of experience as an entry-level
- At least one National Institute of Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE) certification in the eight automotive specialty
areas (engine repair, engine performance, heating and air
conditioning, electrical systems, automatic transmissions, manual
transmission and axle, brakes and front end).
- Technicians must keep abreast of the federal, state and local
regulations that affect their operations, and must also comply with
these regulations as well as hazardous waste disposal and OSHA
- Valid driver's license with a clean driving record is required
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of vehicle repair.
- Excellent mechanical repair skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to visually diagnose mechanical issues.
- Proficient with computer diagnostic equipment and
- Ability to read service and repair manuals.
- Ability to perform repairs in a timely fashion.
- Ability to read work orders. Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to work safely in a noisy area with many odors
- Ability to regularly lift 30 pounds and occasionally; lift up
to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to inspect vehicle to determine repairs
- Good vision to inspect repair work.
- Must be able to bend, stretch, kneel, and squat to perform
repairs and inspections. Kearny Mesa Ford Kia employees are offered
competitive pay, medical, dental and vision plans, health savings
accounts (HSA), flexible spending accounts (FSA), paid holidays and
vacation, short and long-term disability, company sponsored life
insurance, 401(k) retirement plan, vehicle purchase, service and
parts discounts, employee assistance plans (EAP), Maderas Golf Club
discounts, and more! Kearny Mesa Ford Kia is an Equal Opportunity
Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you
receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer
contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug
screen and background check. Pay Type: HourlyMin Hiring Rate:
$32.60Max Hiring Rate: $59.00PIfcd1f7165feb-31181-31067874
Keywords: Sunroad Automotive, San Diego , Technician - Kearny Mesa Ford/Kia, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!