Technician, 1st shift
Company: Ametek Programmable Power
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 18, 2023
This position is located in beautiful San Diego, California.
Many consider San Diego to possess the best climate in the country.
Daytime temperatures average 70 degrees Fahrenheit year-round.
Besides its amazing weather, San Diego is known for its miles of
white-sand beaches, nightlife, outdoor culture, and ethnic
diversity. It is also known for being a great place to raise a
family due to having some of the best public schools in the
country. The city offers plenty of family fun attractions, which
include the world-famous San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and LEGOLAND. San
Diego County comprises of 18 incorporated cities and numerous other
charming neighborhoods, including downtown's historic Gaslamp
Quarter, Little Italy, Coronado, La Jolla, Del Mar, Carlsbad,
Escondido, La Mesa, Hillcrest, Barrio Logan and Chula Vista to name
a few.AMETEK Programmable Power -designs, manufactures and markets
precision, AC and DC programmable power supplies, electronic loads,
application specific power subsystems, and compliance test
solutions for customers requiring & valuing differentiated power
products and services.Job OverviewAs the production -Technician,
you -will be responsible for conducting a variety of tests,
including manufacturing verification, engineering validation,
functional performance, and ground fault isolation on production
units. The position will troubleshoot both digital and analog
circuitry to the component level, determining the cause of any
malfunction and recommending adjustments/repair to restore the
product to working order.1st Shift: Monday thru Friday, 5:30 AM to
2:00 PMOvertime: Ability to work overtime Monday thru Friday and on
weekends occasionally. -Recieve a $2,000 sign-on bonus
- After 3 months completed - $1,000
- After 9 months completed - $1,000 Roles & ResponsibilitiesThis
position has responsibility for:
- Set up and operate various types of standard and specially
designed test equipment.
- Identify need for fixtures or equipment needed in support of
unique or special testing requirements.
- Calibrate, align, adjust, and perform final functional test for
each unit for customer shipment. - Working from specifications,
test procedures, data sheets, engineering drawings, wiring
diagrams/schematics, and/or verbal instruction.
- Log production test data, including but not limited to, work
order, model number, serial number, test status (pass/fail), and
- Diagnose and determine cause and remedy for defective
assemblies, parts and/or components; identify, characterize, and
document defects to ensure reproducibility of documented
- Troubleshoot to component level for both analog and digital
- Report increased trends in failures to appropriate parties,
initiating root-cause investigations.
- Perform physical inspection of product to ensure compliance to
specification and cosmetic requirements.
- Operate equipment and instruments safely and according to
proper procedures; exercising the necessary precautions to prevent
damage to test equipment and instrumentation.
- Other duties as assigned. Competency RequirementsIn order to
perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Ability to Problem Solve
- Attention to Detail
- Technical Acumen Minimum Qualifications (Experience and Skills)
- Must require a minimum of 1 -year -of related experience.
Technician levels 1-5 will vary based on years of experience and
scope of responsibilities. -
- Experience in production test and troubleshooting environment.
- Requires a solid background in testing, debugging, and
troubleshooting of electromechanical equipment to the component
- Experience working with standard test equipment such as
oscilloscopes, RMS meters, high power conversion equipment, etc.
- Must be able to identify both surface mount and through-hole
components, including component values/color-coding.
- Requires use of mechanical hand tools on a regular basis.
- Must perform moderately complex math and be able to read,
understand, and adhere to technical documents and procedures.
- Available to work over-time. - Education Requirements
- Electronic Technician Certificate and/or AS Degree in
Electronic Engineering is preferred -Preferred Requirements
- Efficient MS Word and Excel User - Work Environment
- Production environment Physical DemandsThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is
required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and
reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
This position requires the ability to lift 25 pounds.Minimum
Salary: - -$20.00 per hourMaximum Salary: - -$36.00 per hourWhat's
in It for You
- Competitive compensation, holiday pay, and paid time off
- Great benefits package that includes health, vision, and dental
- 401(k), plus matching
- Flexible spending accounts (FSAs), health savings account (HSA)
with AMETEK contribution, life insurance, disability insurance, and
family medical leave
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Employee assistance program
- Exciting, fast-paced environment where you could make a true
- Opportunities for career advancement within our business unit
and across all other AMETEK business entities This position is
located in beautiful -San Diego, California. Many consider San
Diego to possess the best climate in the country. Daytime
temperatures average 70 degrees Fahrenheit year-round. Besides its
amazing weather, San Diego is known for its miles of white-sand
beaches, nightlife, outdoor culture, and ethnic diversity. It is
also known for being a great place to raise a family due to having
some of the best public schools in the country. The city offers
plenty of family fun attractions, which include the world-famous
San Diego Zoo, SeaWorld, and LEGOLAND. San Diego County comprises
of 18 incorporated cities and numerous other charming
neighborhoods, including downtown's historic Gaslamp Quarter,
Little Italy, Coronado, La Jolla, Del Mar, Carlsbad, Escondido, La
Mesa, Hillcrest, Barrio Logan and Chula Vista to name a few.
Keywords: Ametek Programmable Power, San Diego , Technician, 1st shift, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!