Knowledge & Innovation Analyst
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Job Description: Perkins Coie is looking for an experienced,
dynamic individual to join our Knowledge & Innovation ("KM") team
as the Knowledge & Innovation Analyst to help further the Firm's
Strategic Plan initiatives. The Analyst works on projects that
implement process improvement methodologies and legal technology
applications to solve business and client problems. This position
requires a unique skillset that combines legal knowledge,
technology proficiency, creative problem-solving, and a
client-service mindset. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS These essential
functions are primary job duties that incumbents must be able to
perform unassisted or with some reasonable accommodation.
- Directly support the solution-building process using the firm's
technologies, from development to testing to rollout, which include
AI tools, collaboration platforms, document assembly software,
business automation platforms and expert systems.
- Consult with end users to gather requirements and intake
projects. Evaluate available solutions against project requirements
and make recommendations accordingly.
- Work closely with KM team, project stakeholders, and technical
team members to organize and implement projects, applying project
- Support internal and external facing KM technologies, including
outreach, developing written and recorded documentation and
communications, providing training, and assisting with resolution
of vendor and technical issues.
- Participate in evaluations and recommendations of potential new
legal technology products.
- Understand third-party software applications/development
platforms and utilize and support those tools.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Be present at work during regularly scheduled working hours and
as needed in the position, consistent with the Firm's attendance
expectations. SPECIFIC SKILLS PREFERRED The ideal candidate will
- Familiarity with core legal tech applications, such as document
management, intranet, collaboration, automation and other
knowledge/file sharing platforms.
- Demonstrated interest in working with advanced technologies and
expert systems and an appetite for exploring new products.
- Knowledge of design thinking or other user-focused
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to solve complex
problems using logical reasoning.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and self-direction.
Demonstrated ability to make decisions and resolve issues.
- Project management and organizational skills and the ability to
prioritize and work on multiple projects with competing
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation
skills, including the ability to translate information between
technical personnel, stakeholders and end users.
- Effective customer service skills with the ability to build
trusted and productive relationships across the firm.
- Able to quickly learn new skills and technologies and apply
existing knowledge to new systems.
- Receptiveness to feedback and coaching; growth mindset.
- Desire to develop leadership and supervisory skills.
- Knowledge of legal concepts related to the business of the firm
and the legal industry.
- Knowledge of current legal technology trends and industry
demands. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Qualified candidates will have a
bachelor's degree, law degree a plus, as well as 3 to 4 years'
experience in designing and building legal solutions or equivalent.
Candidates will also have a successful track record in client
service and supporting practice teams, and experience as a
practicing lawyer, paralegal or other direct legal support strongly
preferred. Likewise, experience working in a law firm or legal
department, preferably in a technology or process solutions-focused
role, is preferred. At Perkins Coie, we look for self-motivated
individuals, dedicated to providing value and superior service and
who have a high degree of integrity and enthusiasm for their work.
We have created a company culture based on collaboration, devotion
to serving our clients, and mutual respect. Perkins Coie is
committed to advancing diversity and inclusion both within the firm
and throughout our collective communities. Work with one of the 100
Best Companies to Work For and receive great health insurance,
tuition reimbursement, and paid sabbaticals. This position is
eligible for an annual discretionary bonus, 401(k) plan, medical,
dental, and vision insurance, accrued paid time off plan starting
at 20 days annually, personal medical and parental leave, up to ten
paid Holidays, and family care benefits. More information regarding
benefits and programs may be found here . This position may be
filled in the following location(s). The compensation depends on
qualifications and experience. Colorado compensation range: $85,470
to $129,900 annually San Diego compensation range: $98,270 to
Keywords: Knewin, San Diego , Knowledge & Innovation Analyst, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!