HVAC Mechanic II, NavSea San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Who We Are:
PCSI is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance the
lives of people with disabilities through employment, advocacy, and
partnerships. We vet, prepare, lead, and sustain a skilled
workforce that provides top-tier services at job sites across the
country. Our areas of expertise are wide and diverse; total
facilities maintenance, hospital environmental services, custodial
and grounds, disability awareness training, job coaching, and job
placement are just a few. We integrate people with disabilities and
veterans into meaningful jobs with competitive wages and benefits.
Serving people of all abilities in their life's journey is at the
heart of what we do.
What You'll Do as an HVAC Mechanic II:
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Complies with all industry, company, and site safety standards
- Executes preventive maintenance orders (PMOs), demand
maintenance orders (DMOs), and individual job orders (IJOs) as
assigned by the Forman in accordance with industry and site
- Participates in the site's training program until fully
position qualified, may be assigned as a task trainer to conduct or
lead training of a fellow HVAC mechanic, and documents training
- Properly completes all job-related documents to include daily
timecards, Purchase Requisitions (PRs), and PMO, DMO, and IJO
- Researches catalogs and the internet to find suitable
- Complies with all company and site requirements for proper care
and maintenance of government and company property, to include
supply chain management, vehicle and shop maintenance and
cleanliness standards and expectations, and tool and equipment
- Executes installation, O&M, and repair of HVAC, steam and
condensate, refrigeration, and compressed air systems, such as
package units, split units, chillers, cooling towers, water
treatment systems, boilers, heat exchangers, air handlers, exhaust
fans, and building automation systems and direct digital control
programming via the government's Tridium software.
- Performs difficult installation tasks involving assembly,
testing, calibrating, and adjusting of temperature control and
environmental control systems such as air conditioning plants,
environmental control systems, air distribution systems, complex
dual equipment cooling installations, specialized refrigerated
warehouses and facilities, evaporative mechanical ventilation, and
- Installs new or repaired components, performs complex
modifications of systems and components in accordance with
applicable electrical publications and directives, and maintains
and repairs specialized laboratory equipment such as fume hoods,
deionized water systems, etc.
- Performs complex repair of components, such as compressors,
condensers, heat pump regulators, fluid & refrigerant gas line
valves, meters, and gauges, digital controlled devices, hydraulic
heating and cooling, and economizer systems
- Placed on-call following a preset, recurring schedule for
after-hours emergency calls, responds within 2 hours of call
- Executes related duties as assigned.
- Operates a company-owned vehicle (and cellular telephone) to
transport self and others in performance of assigned duties;
performs operator maintenance as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must have five (5) years of recent / relevant HVAC Mechanic
experience or demonstrated mechanical ability to perform the
- Must possess valid and current EPA Universal Certification.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a working knowledge of the government's Tridium
building automation system.
- Must be willing and able to properly wear all PPE as required
by PCSI and all federal, state and local regulations.
- Able to effectively read, write, and speak the English
- Must be able to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time,
climb ladders, stoop, bend, crouch, crawl, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to pass criminal, drug, and driving screening.
- Exposure to dirt, dust, loud noise, and outside weather
- Ability to work any time or day of the week, including weekends
- Possess valid driver's license and maintain good driving
- Ability to obtain and maintain a NACI clearance.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with
or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employment
PCSI is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our
company. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws. All Veterans and/or persons with all types of disabilities
are strongly encouraged to apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner
discriminate against employees or applicants because they have
inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of
another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as
a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of
other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise
have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is
(a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance
of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: PCSI, San Diego , HVAC Mechanic II, NavSea San Diego, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!