Company: Venture Dynamics
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 14, 2018
Job Description Job Description Responsible for performing with minimal supervision the cleaning and preparation of surfaces including metal and fiberglass surfaces free of grease, dirt, scale, rust, old contaminants, and applying paint in accordance with drawing instructions and MIL and SSPC Standards.Work Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Prepare the work area to create a safe work environment.
- Protect customer property from collateral damage by masking and taping necessary areas.
- Mixing preservation material in accordance with material data sheets.
- Inspect preserved areas and performing touch up work as needed.
- Remove existing paint, rust, scale, and other contaminants as required by the specification or as directed by the supervisor.
- Apply coatings with a brush, roller, or spray gun.
- Operate blasting and painting equipment as required.
- Direct and monitor the activities of assigned Helpers and Improvers.
- Remove all removed paint chips and other contaminants
- Run, remove, and maintain in a safe manner lines and leads as required to accomplish work
- Lock-out Tag-out for work being performed
- Accomplish work in accordance with SSPC standards and as required by NavSea Standard Item 32 or standards of other regulatory bodies as applicable.
- Keep the work area clean and safe at all times, especially at the end of the shift.
- Complete daily work assignments and provide status of unfinished work for shift turnover.
- Carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram
- Provide guidance to Improvers and Helpers.
- Provide Objective Quality Evidence (OQE) as required by the work specifications or assigned by the supervisor. Job Requirements
- Must be able to read and comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
- Must have a comprehensive understanding of ship repair terminology and ship compartment
- location nomenclature.
- Must be physically and medically capable of wearing all required personal protective equipment (PPE) required for the job as prescribed under OSHA standards. PPE includes hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe shoes, goggles, respirator, safety harness, safety line, flotation gear, etc.)
- Must be able to write Condition Found Reports (CFR) describing the material condition of the ship as it pertains to the assigned work item, and provide recommended corrective action.
- Must be able to effectively confer job related information to the supervisor, improvers, and helper.
- Previous experience using hand and power tools associated with the trade in a safe manner.
- Basic understanding of the metric system.
- Be able to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shift and overtime as assigned.
- Knowledge of the different types of coating systems.
- Be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using US customary measurement system.
- Minimum of Six (6) years of related experience, three (3) of which must be in the maritime environment.
- Comprehensive understanding of the preservation process and the drive to accomplish quality work on schedule. ApplyNot ready to Apply?Share With https://www.jobs.net/jobs/venture-dynamics/en-us/job/United-States/Painter-Journeyman/J3V1RS6H9S3KF1ZDKMX/ Painter Journeyman Job Snapshot
- Employee Type: Contractor
- Location: San Diego, CA
- Job Type: Other
- Experience: Not Specified
- Date Posted: 1/5/2018 About Us Venture Dynamics Enterprises, Inc. was founded in November 2000 with a full speed ahead pursuit of the Marine and Industrial workforce. We have built a solid foundation of professional and highly skilled tradesmen over the 11 years of business. Our business is maximizing workforce productivity through custom staffing solutions while minimizing customer's labor and administrative costs. We have effectively streamlined the hiring process so that our customers can meet project deadlines without going over budget. Our customers can enjoy a better bottom line while knowing the skilled labor they need is always readily available. Imagine being able to bid on multiple contracts or taking on various projects without the time and costs associated with hiring new employees.With a proven and qualified workforce representing the full spectrum of trades, we take care to fully understand our customer's particular skilled trade requirements to match with a highly skilled candidate. Our experienced staff ensures our customers receive the best candidate for the position without a lengthy turnaround time. By acting as the perfect liaison between a skilled worker and a company that requires their service, we are able to build lasting partnerships with not only our customers, but with our workforce as well.On top of joining the best skilled trade staffing company, Venture Dynamics offers:
- Safety Incentive Programs
- Referral Fee Program to reward employees who help us hire those in need of employment
- Direct Hire Option for employees looking to get their foot in the door at a great company
- Paycheck Direct DepositJoin the Venture Dynamics Talent Network today!What is a Talent Network? Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.Why Join?
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email View All Jobs Check out our similar jobs
- Maintenance Jobs
- Painter Jobs
- Jobs in San Diego, California
- Maintenance Jobs in San Diego, California
Keywords: Venture Dynamics, San Diego, Painter Journeyman, Professions, San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!