Supply Chain Engineer
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 12, 2018
ASML is one of the world's leading manufacturers of lithography systems that help enable Moore's Law and the creation of increasingly powerful and capable electronic devices. At our San Diego location we are renowned for developing both deep ultraviolet (DUV) lithography light sources and next generation extreme ultraviolet (EUV) light sources. We are a multinational company with over 70 locations in 16 countries, headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
If you have a passion for technology and innovation you'll want to check us out. Be a part of ASML. Be a part of progress.
Cymer Supply Chain Engineer: Ensures the consistent delivery of quality parts, materials, and services by suppliers. Qualifies suppliers and products, according to company standards and industry best practices. Assesses parts from development, through the design-, acquisition- and manufacturing cycles on manufacturability, reliability, serviceability and overall quality; communicates and resolves supplier-related problems as they occur.
Develops and prioritizes an auditing schedule to ensure that designated suppliers are audited on a regular basis to ensure quality standards are met. Evaluates suppliers' internal functions to assess their overall performance and provides feedback in assessment of their operation. Manages activities aimed at driving continuous quality improvement in the supply base. Influences suppliers and internal departments to improve engineering collaboration, driving co-design activities at suppliers. Leverages supplier technology and process capabilities into Cymer design projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with the complete technical management of assigned products in the Supply Chain, including supporting the supplier selection process, the introduction of new products to the supply base, managing change control of items in the supply base, distribution and interpretation of specifications and drawings, and assurance that all requirements are met by the supplier throughout their processes, when received at Cymer and throughout their lifecycle.
- Defines and monitors incoming quality inspection requirements of components and subsystems, and supporting incoming inspection with technical guidance on testing or inspection issues.
- Facilitates the resolution of supplier related technical issues within products, whether discovered in the Field, in Manufacturing, or at the supplier or their supply chain.
- Responsible for creation and driving approval of technical qualification plans after gaining guidance from Sr. staff members. Manages qualification plans from cradle to grave; from planning to generation of samples to component level through system level testing. Responsible for technical data driven recommendation based on results of qualification plan.
- Supports the corrective action process with suppliers to identify and resolve the root cause of the problem.
- Provides input and reviews technical documentation for RFP's/RFQ's and technical contract issues.
- Establishes and/or maintains a system of metrics to continually monitor measurable supplier performance. If needed, develops and trains a cross sectoral process and reporting structure to drive continuous supplier quality improvement.
- Maintains regular visits and/or communication with suppliers to address and resolve any quality, process or quality issues in "real time", and reports on the status of these areas to management on a regular and timely basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to interpret technical drawings and specifications, Industry specific standards (ie. AQC, IPC, Mil Specs, ANSI, ASTM, etc), and knowledge of change control methods and processes.
- Some experience in working with senior level management, both internally and externally.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, including preparing and delivering presentations, participation in purchasing negotiations as technical support, negotiating specifications and process requirements.
- Demonstrated use of statistical and process control methods (Six Sigma desired).
- Demonstrated structured problem solving skills (such as DMAIC).
- Specific knowledge of Measurement System Analysis (MSA-GRR, Correlation, Gage Management, etc.) strongly preferred
- Introductory knowledge of MS Project.
- Experience supporting cross functional teams in problem solving or process development efforts.
- Proven oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work cross functionally with personnel from various organizations - Manufacturing, Engineering, Tech Development, etc---
- Ability to recommend (using data) and implement sound solutions and strategies in a fast paced environment where priorities change often.
- Understands and has experience applying basic Lean Manufacturing principles in a low volume / high mix environment.
- Astute attention to details.
- Self-starter - plenty of initiative, picking up tasks and challenges pro-actively
General proficiency with tools, systems, and procedures required to accomplish the job. May need to consult with higher level staff members on some technical issues. Minimum of five (5) years of experience is required.
- Requires a Bachelor or Masters (preferred) of Science, degree in Eectrcal Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Structured Problem Solving Training (such as DMAIC) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Procurement Engineering, Quality Assurance, and/or in the field of Supplier Quality Engineering, Manufacturing and/or Process Engineering in Contract Manufacturing environment is a plus.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Keywords: ASML, San Diego , Supply Chain Engineer, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!