Company: UTC Aerospace Systems
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Save This JobJob is Saved
Business Unit UTC Aerospace Systems
Req ID 73922BR Date posted 10/02/2018 City Chula Vista
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
Want to be part of a finance team where every day is unique and exciting? Are you ready to analyze a diverse set of products that really make a difference? If so, then UTC Aerospace Systems is the place for you! By joining us, youll have the opportunity to support thousands of aerospace, defense and space systems across more than 150 sites in 26 countries. Additionally, as UTC Aerospace Systems is a subsidiary of United Technologies Corporation (Fortune 50), it operates as its own business with its own reporting structure, financial dashboards and earnings metrics. This reporting relationship allows finance team members to implement innovative tools for the aerospace market in a stand-alone business environment. If you want to advance your career while contributing to a mission that truly makes a difference to modern flight and space advancements, then this team is right for you!
- Responsible for understanding aerostructure component(s) configuration definition, preparing non-recurring and recurring cost impacts in support of various programs.
- Change order pricing
- Recurring should-cost' BOM estimates
- Value engineering trade studies net present value financial analysis
- Cost and financial analysis evaluation for programs.
- Finance ACE AIM support and Kaizen event involvement.
- 2+ years of cost estimating, manufacturing or industrial engineering experience
- Demonstrated knowledge in BOM part production, manufacturing methods, build cycle times, and various 'make-from' material types.
- Sound reasoning skills and ability to work with broad base of technical, operations, supply chain, and finance peers.
- Demonstrated through experiential examples of interpersonal and emotional intelligence skills, good listener and a team player.
- Concise communication skills.
- Self-directed with strong planning and work product organizational skills.
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, & Word)
- Familiar with aerospace manufacturing, aerostructures hardware, bills of materials, work instructions, and tool families supporting mfg. product build.
- Knowledge of SAP system, Team Center & Catia V5.
- Sound reasoning and mathematical skills including an understanding of labor learning curve impact calculations.
- Understanding of financial analysis modeling.
- Ability to utilize, update and create new cost estimating Excel or BW tools.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Finance, Manufacturing or Industrial Engineering with 2+ years of manufacturing industry Cost Estimating experience.
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screens for re-hires only performed for previous employees who have been gone from company for more than 1 year.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Note to candidates regarding interview scams: We'd like to make it clear that UTC Aerospace Systems never asks candidates for money. If you've been approached with a job offer that you suspect may be fraudulent, we strongly recommend you do not respond, send money or personal information. Please report any suspicious activity to Talent Acquisition.
Keywords: UTC Aerospace Systems, San Diego , Cost Estimator, Professions , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!