Facilities / Engineering Manager 2
Location: Chula Vista
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Sodexo has an exciting opportunity for a Facilities Engineering Manager at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center. The engineering department is responsible for all preventative and corrective maintenance; operations of all utility management systems, supporting construction and renovation projects. Manages Central Plant Operations that overseas a 27 acre campus with 526,000 sq/ft of medical facilities. Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center is part of a 4 hospital medical group located in San Diego.
- Hospital Facilities leadership experience preferred
- Strong Central Plant experience with Emergency Generators, Chillers, Cooling, Towers, Boilers
- Industrial HVAC experience with Air handlers and BMS controls. (Siemens a plus)
- Strong computer skills , MS Office (Excel preferred) to quickly create narrative reports and spreadsheets for technical and financial analysis
- Experienced mechanical background with medical air, medical vacuum, Medical gas,
- Regulatory experience with TJC,CDPH,CMS, APCD, a plus
- CMMS experience to generate reports and assure regulatory completion( Maximo a plus)
- Communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with all levels of organization.
- Supervisory experience to lead a team of HVAC Technicians and Plant Mechanics.
- Ability to attend meetings and lead team in absence of Director Position Summary
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.* Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing - mechanical - Hard FM - Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical). * Scope - number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety / * Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems - HVAC / electronics / Labs* Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare - more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory "Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes* Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.* Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 - 12 trades* Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades - electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) - Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 - more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 - Mechanically competentCritical 2 - People skills - communication/mgmt.Interpersonal skills importantScope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Key DutiesSupervision of all outside contractors/vendors for siteResponsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unitFinancial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFSPerforms facilities maintenance functions as required.Manages events (schools)Communicates directly with customersResponsible for CMMSImplement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systemsSafety - client and SDX employee safetyMechanical systems - maintaining operational capability of mechanical systemsMultiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversightScheduling and work flow management - greater scope
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering servicesSodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Department: Facilities - provided by Dice Analysis, CMS, Director, Excel, Manager, Management, Mechanical, MS Office
Keywords: Sodexo, San Diego , Facilities / Engineering Manager 2, Professions , Chula Vista, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!