Company: Embassy Suites San Diego
Location: San Diego
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-CA-San Diego# of Openings: 1Category:
EngineeringPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status:
An all-suite hotel located in the heart of downtown San Diego,
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Diego Bay - Downtown is the ideal
location to work in the area. Located across from the Headquarters
at Seaport Village, our all-suite hotel is just blocks from the San
Diego Convention Center and the historic Gaslamp Quarter. Join our
team of diverse individuals working together to create memories for
our guests. We offer discounts to public transportation, free
lunch, discounted parking and a fun environment with a work/life
balance for all of our associates.
Maintain all building related systems and the building envelop to
ensure the safety of hotel guests, associates and vendors. Ensure
compliance with company Engineering Assumptions/Culture,
preventative maintenance programs and procedures, Standard
Operating Procedures, Mission Vision and Values as well as all
Building/Fire/Health Department codes. Maintain building complex as
energy efficiency as possible constantly looking for ways to save
- Assume control of the Engineering Department when the Chief
Engineer is not available.
- Understand all building related systems and equipment -
Electrical, HVAC, Plumbing, Life Safety, IT, HVACandR, Kitchen,
Laundry, Pool, etc.
- Follow company preventative maintenance procedures and
guidelines for guestrooms, equipment, public space, grounds,
landscaping, and building envelop, etc.
- Maintain engineering related check book accounting procedures
to ensure department operates with-in budgeted guidelines while
maintaining required stock of supplies and materials.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations,
resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend
discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Effectively supervise, train, and assign tasks to and follow-up
with engineering staff to ensure maximum productivity.
- Understand the engineering records and filing system to support
RandM Budget, PM Programs, Capital Budget, Capital Projects, Life
Safety Systems and Inspections, etc.
- Monitor and maintain all Engineering Spaces in a safe, clean,
organized, energy efficient manner.
- Tour hotel complex daily identifying items requiring
engineering, housekeeping or other departmental actions.
- Considered the property expert on all Life Safety related
items, trains all managers in these areas.
- Understand all Brands related issues and procedures; as well as
all Brand related GSS, GSI, AYS, DTS problem tracking procedures
and is working to correct them.
- Basic understanding of elementary accounting procedures.
- Basic understanding of PC operation and a working knowledge of
Microsoft Office programs and internet use.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations, seen as a
strong leader through-out hotel.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job duties as assigned.
- College degree or courses will be considered helpful,
engineering related preferred.
- Vocational schooling, military training, certification and/or
experience in building related trades required in 1 or more of the
following areas: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, and Carpentry.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience at a comparable location.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans,
security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations,
preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget
forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and
- Be skilled in several areas such as HVAC, electrical,
carpentry, dry walling, painting, plumbing, roofing, and
landscaping with or without reasonable accommodation.
- ADA related Physical Demand Section: Frequent walking,
climbing, bending, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, smiling,
writing, at times working in cramped noisy locations susceptible to
extreme hot and cold temperatures with or without reasonable
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure
accomplishment of goals. Able to set priorities, plan, organize,
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Embassy Suites San Diego, San Diego , Engineering Supervisor, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!