Business Systems Analyst 2
Company: AveXis Inc.
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 11, 2019
OverviewReady to join a team committed to developing and
commercializing gene therapies for patients and families devastated
by rare neurological genetic diseases? AveXis is advancing
cutting-edge science, starting with our proprietary gene therapy
for the treatment of spinal muscular atrophy (SMA). We are in the
midst of an incredible journey and are looking for passionate
individuals to join us on this important mission.AveXis, a Novartis
company, is dedicated to developing and commercializing novel
treatments for patients suffering from rare and life-threatening
neurological genetic diseases. Our initial product is a proprietary
gene therapy approved by the US Food and Drug Administration for
the treatment of pediatric patients with SMA. In addition to
developing a treatment for SMA, AveXis also plans to develop other
novel treatments for rare neurological diseases, including Rett
syndrome and a genetic form of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis caused
by mutations in the superoxide dismutase 1 (SOD1) gene. AveXis is
seeking a Business/Systems Analyst that will be responsible for the
developing, maintaining and ongoing support of all business
applications at AveXis facilities. Duties to include ERP
troubleshooting; requirements gathering, design, write and test
applications; problem reporting; provides detailed specification
and follows standard programming procedures; etc. Collaborate with
QA to also write software protocols, perform test, execute Software
validation documents, record results of executed
- Gathers requirement, plans, develops, tests and documents
computer programs using standard programming procedures and best
- Design, Develop and implement forms and reports for the
presentation of data.
- Perform code review, write software validation protocols and
- Assist in development, configuration and setup changes for RF
application (Automation Solutions).
- Develop scripts for the testing of proposed scenarios as well
as reported problems.
- Help business through User Acceptance Test (UAT) in getting
approval for proposed changes and perform AveXis Change Management
- Document typical day-to-day issues into helpdesk ticketing
system and provide appropriate analysis and collaborate with
Business teams in providing ERP functional solutions.
- Log steps, recommended solutions, test cases and documents to
IT helpdesk ticketing/Knowledgebase system.
- Preparation of detailed descriptions and flowcharts of work and
functions to clearly portray the procedures involved.
- Maintain/ monitor all ERP scheduled/batch jobs, custom menus,
and user security.
- Assist users in the development of reports and other system
- Work closely with user-base to identify areas of process
improvement and leverage opportunities that improve operational
- Participate on ERP deployments, upgrades, and implementations
of added functionality. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 6-8 years of ERP (preferably QAD or SAP) experience in a
- Strong analytical skills.
- GMP Experience.
- Working knowledge of following ERP modules: Distribution,
Manufacturing, and Finance.
- Progress/SQL query.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and
- Good oral and written skills.
- SDLC. The level of this position will be based on the final
candidate's qualifications. Please note this job description is not
designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities,
duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for
this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any
time with or without notice. AveXis is committed to creating a
diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender
identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual
orientation or veteran status. #LI-AM1
Keywords: AveXis Inc., San Diego , Business Systems Analyst 2, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!