High Voltage Electrician I
Company: SJS Executives, LLc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Location: US-CA-San DiegoJob ID: 2019-2091# of Openings: 1Category:
SJS Executives is seeking a High Voltage Electrician (HVE). Our
ideal candidate shall be skilled and knowledgeable in maintaining,
repairing, trouble-shooting, monitoring, installing, and operating
high voltage electrical systems. Some of these will include, but
not limited to, transformers, switching stations, distribution and
transmission lines, circuit breakers, substations, control panels
and building systems.
- Splicing and termination of medium voltage cable 2400Vac to
69Kvac, and DC voltages from 12Vdc to 300Vdc
- Troubleshooting using three-line, single, print and protection
drawings; experience in low voltage systems including but not
limited to maintenance, troubleshooting and repairing power
- Installation, maintenance and troubleshooting and repairing
equipment in high voltage switchyards, substations, and power
- Participation in special projects such as
pre-commissioning/checkout of new substations, stage additions, or
substation inspections and commissioning preparation.
- Capable of using all tools and equipment applicable to the high
voltage electrician trade
- Working knowledge relating to working high voltage systems, and
able to become a NAVFAC recognized qualified person per NESC, NEC,
- Comply with safe clearance procedures and safety rules and
- Work alone or with other workers to perform simple or complex
tasks while following appropriate and safe procedures.
- Perform outages and support construction activities as
- Use visual and sensory perception along with hand-eye
coordination is required to operate equipment, detect deficiencies
and make repairs, diagnose problems, and make installment of
devices, equipment, parts, etc
- Good familiarity of NAVFAC SW Safety and Health Requirement
manual, instructions, agency equipment regulations and directives.
Guidelines will include a variety of Federal, Department of
Defense, and Department of Navy, Commander Naval Facilities
Engineering Command Southwest publications, manuals, directives,
standards, policies and procedures. Published guidance will be
provided by the Government as needed.
- shall have knowledge in new construction and maintenance of
distribution systems, Sub Station maintenance including medium
voltage (5kv-69kv) breakers; air, sf6 gas, oil and vacuum switches
and Load Tap Changing Power Transformers.
- Receive assignment from the workload manager in the form of
oral or written instruction (work order)
- Ensure all designated working areas are maintained in an
orderly manner and continuously maintained free of trash and
debris. At the end of each day, the general work areas shall be
swept, supplies, materials, tools, and equipment shall be pick-up
and stored, and the municipal trash containers will be
- Shall work at heights, in confined spaces, and may be in
awkward positions for extended periods of time. Work at all times
of the day or night and in all kinds of weather. Perform shift work
- Participate in meetings with contractors, agencies, clients,
and team members when required to do so.
- Participate in briefings when required to do so.
- Provide monthly status report that summarizes the work efforts
and accomplishments performed. The HVE shall have a minimum of 2
years full time experience working as a journeyman HVE.
- Comply with all High Voltage PPE requirements of the Navy.
- Knowledge and skillsets - Knowledge of commonly used high
voltage electric power distribution equipment such as transformers,
switches, circuit breakers, recording instruments and control
- Considered a Qualified Person, which is one who has received
training in and has demonstrated skills and knowledge in the
construction and operation of electric equipment and installations
and hazards involved.
- Skill to plan and carry through the troubleshooting and repair
of high voltage generating, controlling, and distribution systems,
such as repairing switch gear, installing and hooking up
transformers, locating defects in cables, or selecting materials to
make installations or repairs.
- Skill to read and understand circuit diagrams of interconnects
such as the generators, buses, switches, and circuit breakers in a
power-generating facility or the feeders, substations,
transformers, and interconnections of a distribution system, in
order to diagnose problems in the electrical system.
- Skill in the use of test equipment such as: oscilloscopes,
power quality meters, insulation resistance tester, high potential
tester, phase sticks, phase rotation meters, digital test
equipment, other electrical test equipment, and cable locating and
fault finding equipment.
- Skill to diagnose and determine corrective action for electric
power-controlling equipment such as switch gear, transformer banks,
and circuit breakers in substations and power-generating
- Skill to read circuit diagrams and perform troubleshooting
layout, and complete installation, modification, and repair on high
voltage distribution systems such as repairing switchgear,
installing transformers, and locating defects in cables.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, formulas, and the mathematical
skill in order to derive voltage, current, and power related
formulas. Mathematics is required to help compute voltage, current,
amps and other power related requirements.
- Able to read, interpret standard construction blueprint and
- Knowledge of how the work relates to other trades, and is
capable of using all electrical trade related tools and
- Strong communication skills in the English language, both
written and oral.
- Ability to perform regular and recurring field inspections,
investigations, or surveys in which there is a considerable amount
of walking, stooping, bending, and climbing.
g) Ability to perform work in an office setting, with occasional
visits to construction sites. Work involves moderate risks of
discomforts that require adherence to safety precautions.
- Journeyman certification (4 year) or equivalent - any US State
- Valid California State Driver's License - "C" Class
- U.S. citizenship or resident alien. Proof of US Citizenship or
resident alien card will be required.
- OSHA 10 - General Industry or Construction Certified before
- Ability to acquire a Common Access Card (CAC).
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
SJS Executives, LLC is EOE, AA, M/F/Vet/Disability compliant. US
Citizenship required for most jobs. PI115177348
Keywords: SJS Executives, LLc, San Diego , High Voltage Electrician I, Professions , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!