Territory Sales Manager - Enterprise
Company: AFL Telecommunications, LLC
Location: San Diego
Posted on: April 8, 2021
AFL provides industry-leading fiber optic products and services
across the globe. Our company was founded in 1984 with a single
fiber optic cable and now we manufacture over two thousand
products, employ over 5,000 associates and consistently generate
annual sales in excess of a billion-dollars in revenue. With our
commitment to professional growth and employee development, let AFL
"Connect" you to your next career opportunity! Job Summary Our
Territory Sales Manager (Southern California, San Diego, CA) is
responsible for maximizing sales of targeted products and services
for the Enterprise Market and uncovering opportunities and driving
sales growth in their territory/region. Territory Sales Managers
will also be responsible for developing new accounts and
maintaining relationships at key accounts providing sales and
implementation support for AFL's products and services in the
Enterprise market. Responsibilities
- Achieve or exceed planned sales levels for all products and
services within targeted market segments, regions and/or targeted
- Conduct sales calls to implement account and/or target market
strategies as developed in conjunction with the Regional Sales
Manager in support of AFL's business objectives.
- Using professional selling skills, generate preference for
AFL's products and services.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge regarding AFL's products and
services and their applications to the potential customers. Act in
a consultative role to the customer to insure that they can easily
order, install, an add value to their internal programs with our
products and services.
- Maintain sufficient knowledge of customer's business to
recognize opportunities and be perceived by the customer as a
problem solver and cost displacement specialist. New opportunities
as well as their business potential should be communicated to the
Regional Sales Manager on a timely basis.
- Provide weekly call summaries and call reports to the Regional
Sales Manager, the organization and internal support personnel on a
timely basis. A call report or a brief summary should be written
for all meetings or telephone contacts where significant issues are
discussed, or actions are required.
- Utilize salesforce.com as the key customer relation
- Regularly conduct presentations on AFL Enterprise Solution sets
to all business partners and End-Users.
- Provide basic training to potential and current customers on
AFL Products that are part of the AFL Enterprise Portfolio
- Manage all selling expenses within the established travel &
- Establish sources to provide information or competitive
pricing, market activities, transaction usage and other information
about the assigned account(s) or target markets.
- Provide direction to the customer service representatives in
support of customer needs.--
- Provide information as required by the Regional and National
Sales Manager to assist in development of twelve-month rolling
- Report all customer problems to the Regional Sales Manager as
quickly as possible to ensure the problem is resolved in a timely
manner. Track the progress of the problem resolution and insure
that it meets the requirements of the customer.
- Participate in national and regional trade shows and/or
conferences in accordance with the account or target market
strategy and in coordination with the RSM and NSM, with the
objective of maintaining or improving customer relationships and
prospecting for new business.
- Maintain a current organizational chart with the names, titles,
phone numbers, and addresses for all key customer contacts.
- Manage the flow of information and communications between AFL
and key account(s) and/or target markets in accordance with the
account strategy and in coordination with the RSM, with the
objective of improving customer relationships.
- Assist in training and orientation of new customer sales
organizations as required.
- Continually improve selling skills through participation in
training and seminars, supervisory feedback, self-evaluation, and
- Personal Qualities
- Knowledge of the customers and distribution channels that serve
the customer base.
- Good understanding of the base technology and emerging trends
in fiber as it is deployed in the specific market segments the TSM
- A good understanding of AFL product solutions and their fit
into the TSMs assigned markets
- Looking for a strong and energetic sales person who wants to
grow with a dynamic organization
- Individual needs to be self-motivated and driven.
- Project management experience would be a plus.
- Strong intrapersonal skills
- Ability to work both remotely and independently
- Exhibit strong technical aptitude
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- 2+ years of sales working experience.
- Strong computer systems skills (Power Point, Excel, Word);
experience with salesforce.com CRM a plus
- Good understanding of passive optical products and there
placement in the enterprise market place along with experience with
fusion splicing and testing fundamentals. Any FOT, BICSI or TLB
course certifications are a plus. Equal Opportunity
Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities The
contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate
against employees or applicants because they have inquired about,
discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another
employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the
compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part
of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other
employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have
access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in
response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: AFL Telecommunications, LLC, San Diego , Territory Sales Manager - Enterprise, Sales , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!