Destination Sales Executive Bonus Eligible
Company: Marriott International, Inc
Location: San Diego
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Posting Date Jan 04, 2022
Job Number 21155349
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location Dual Property San Diego Downtown Bayfront RI and SHS, 900
Bayfront Court, San Diego, California, United States
Brand Residence Inn
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
Residence Inn by Marriott helps guests thrive while on long stays
so they can perform at their best. Spacious suites with full
kitchens offer the comforts of the modern home, while employees
provide service with a human touch to business and leisure
travelers alike. Working at Residence Inn, you will build
relationships grounded in team work and experience the legendary
Residence Inn service culture which focuses on delivering against
the unique needs of long stay guests. Find Your World--- at
Residence Inn by Marriott.
JOB SUMMARYPartners with the Sales Office to book group events
within the group booking parameters. Provides property support by
coordinating and executing site inspections/visits for off-property
sales managers. Verifies that the business is turned over properly
and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Pulls through
business booked through the Sales Office, as well as achieves group
revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to
maximize revenue opportunity. Implements the brand's service
strategy and applicable brand initiatives in all aspects of the
sales process and drives customer loyalty by delivering service
excellence throughout each customer experience.CANDIDATE
PROFILEEducation and ExperienceRequired:
- High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and
marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business
Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or
related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or
related professional area.Preferred:
- Large group sales experience.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIESManaging Sales Activities
- Pulls through business and achieves revenue goals for all
opportunities booking through the Sales Office
- Partners with Area Sales to identify new group/catering
business and achieve personal and property revenue goals.
- Partners with the Sales Office to book group events within the
group booking parameters.
- Up-sells products and services, with the ability to bring the
sale to closure
- Engages in proactive selling of all of facilities (e.g., Spa,
Golf, Restaurants) to all of leisure guests as well as group
- Assists with selling, implementation and follow-through of
group sales promotions.
- Provides recommendations to Sales Office and Area Sales
associates regarding the potential to reallocate function space as
- Handles event planning aspects prior to the business turning
over for business booked in advance (e.g.,> 3 years out).
- Coordinates and plans all Familiarization Tours (FAM) t and
in-market customer events.
- Provides accurate, complete and effective turnover to Event
- Represents sales department at staff meetings and stand up
meetings and reports out on sales activity.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand group
needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting
facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels and
- Coordinates and executes all site inspections/visits at the
property for out-of-market and non-deployed accounts (includes site
visits for Remote Senior Sales Executives and out-of-market Senior
- Coordinates site visits and partners when appropriate for
in-market sales managers (e.g., Account Executives and Senior
- Partners with account/selling manager to develop creative
aspects of site visit
- Gathers all important customer data from account/selling
manager in order to plan appropriately (e.g. customers goals,
specific needs, key account info, etc.).
- Develops site standards and pricing guidelines in order to
control Department 47 expenses and allow for accurate projecting
- Understands competitor's strengths and weaknesses in order to
differentiate Marriott from the competition during the site visit
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competition, economic
trends, seasonability, supply and demand, etc.) and implements
- Provides expert knowledge on local destination (e.g., local
attractions, events, etc.)
- Grows business of existing accounts by soliciting them for
future open years while onsite
- Tracks bookings and leads generated from site visits.
- Executes and supports Marriott's Customer Service Standards and
property 's Brand Standards.
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as
a result of the sales process by creating mechanisms to channel
issues to property leadership and/or other appropriate
- Monitors successful performance by increasing revenues,
controlling expenses and providing a return on investment for the
owner and Marriott International.
- Verifies that the business is turned over properly and in a
timely fashion for quality service delivery.
- Implements the brand's service strategy and applicable brand
initiatives in all aspects of the sales process and drives customer
loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business
needs.Building Successful Relationships
- Works collaboratively with off-property sales channels (e.g.,.
Sales Office, Area Sales, Enterprise Sales Team (EST)) to verify
that the property needs are being achieved and the sales efforts
are complementary, not duplicative.
- Gets involved in community-based organizations in order to
position property for group/catering sales opportunities.
- Meets with walk-in clients and qualifies lead for account/sales
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new
customers to enable future bookings.
- Attends and facilitates pre-planning visits to establish
consistent customer communication.
- Greets site clients and escorts overnight guests to their rooms
- Acts as Personal Concierge to client while on site to help
coordinate any special requests.
- Assists with all transportation requests for sites and meets
client upon arrival.
- Entertains customers by showing them the property and key
locations surrounding the property
- Provides after-hours entertaining for customers
- Works with Marriott Guestware Program Manager to check for
reward member status and any special needs of client
- Coordinates and delivers amenities and welcome note t to guest
- Partners with Event Management and/or Operations in providing a
customer experience that exceeds the customer's expectations.
- Participates in and practices daily service basics of the brand
(e.g., Marriott Hotels and Resorts (MHR) Spirit to Serve Daily
Basics, Renaissance Hotels and Resorts (RHR) Savvy Service Basics).
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer
satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and establishing
their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and
recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet
their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a
relationship and loyalty to Marriott.
- Gains understanding of the property 's primary target customer
and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding
their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better
business solution both prior to, and during the program/event.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott International, Inc, San Diego , Destination Sales Executive Bonus Eligible, Sales , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!