Service Sales Engineer
Company: Acco Engineered Systems
Location: San Diego
Posted on: February 14, 2019
We are looking for a Service Sales Engineer to join our San Diego, CA office!
ACCO Engineered Systems has been annually recognized by a national industry magazine as one of the top-10 specialty contractors in the United States, and the leader in its mechanical contracting field for the Western United States. We have a diverse environment of skilled professionals - field construction workers, engineering, project managers, service technicians, and supporting staff - who collaborate together and make ACCO an engaging place to work.
The Service Sales Engineer will be primarily responsible for prospecting, estimating and closing maintenance contracts, repairs of all sizes and retrofit projects in the Existing Building Market. Successful performers in this position will have the ability to develop, maintain and enhance ongoing relationships were Service Customers.
SO WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING*
* Prepare and Deliver Customer Proposals
* Includes retrofit projects, repairs of all sizes and maintenance contracts.
* This will include clearly defining scope, exclusions and general conditions in writing.
* Negotiate scope and pricing with a customer to assure a solution for the customer and a profit for ACCO.
* Survey Job sites, develop Job Cost Estimates and Interface with ACCO Engineering
* Visit job sites or obtain information from field technicians to prepare job cost estimates and alternatives solutions for customer problems.
* Must be able to obtain equipment pricing from appropriate vendors and analyze the differences between the various features for each line of equipment.
* Use the multiple software packages provided by the Company to prepare estimates for a variety of work including sheet metal, piping and equipment/parts replacements.
* Utilize internal Engineering assets to develop conceptual solutions, system sizing, and equipment selection to assure proper design and installation drawings. Project Manager remains responsible for final Engineering and Constructability of our solution.
* Prepare Ductwork and Piping takeoffs
* Estimating job costs and developing the scope for proposals requires takeoff skills.
* Must be able to read construction drawings.
* Strong math and analytical skills are required.
* Load Calculations
* Using third-party software, prepare or review (if prepared by others) load calculations to determine cooling and heating requirements.
* Selling Maintenance
* Contracts Develop an understanding of the scope for ACCOCare, ACCOGuard, and ACCOServe maintenance contracts.
* Review all ACCOGuard and ACCOServe work orders to determine if work performed is covered by the contractor is billable.
* Determine appropriate tasking for a maintenance contract and prepare booking documentation.
* Develop and Maintain Customer Relationships
* Prospect for future customers continuously Close sales transactions and keep customers happy.
* Make sure customers are aware of all services provided by ACCO.
* Communicating with Field Personnel Clearly conveying the scope of work for sold jobs to the field.
* Be available to assist the field in problem-solving in the middle of jobs
* Participate in pre-job meetings
* Develop variance reports to analyze the outcome of jobs that go over budget and discuss the results with field personnel and Division Management.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE A PART OF THIS ALL-STAR TEAM*
* Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to relate well with a variety of personality types.
* Good organizational and time management skills are required in order to handle multiple issues
* Able to participate in customer relations issues and find solutions to solve customer disputes
* Strong technical knowledge in HVAC equipment, ductwork, and piping.
* Understand the necessity of maximizing the productivity of our technician workforce.
* Good verbal, written, listening and computer skills.
* Regular and routine attendance
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to operate computer keyboard and telephone, talk and hear.
* The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and at times reach above shoulder height to access storage cabinets. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl (for purposes of filling photocopier/printers).
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
* Possess a range of motion sufficient to look into the interior of air conditioning equipment.
* Climb both fixed and extension ladders, Raise a roof hatch
* The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
* Regular and routine attendance. Telecommuting is not permitted.
* Drive a motor vehicle, All individuals in this position must possess a valid driver s license and auto liability insurance.
Our ideal person will have all these in addition to everything listed above:
* OUTSTANDING COMMUNICATION SKILLS in addition to maintaining an open line of communication with employees throughout the organization, you'll demonstrate excellent communication skills, including good phone and email etiquette.
* APPRECIATION FOR DIVERSITY you already demonstrate respect and you highly value the variety of cultures and talents that make up ACCO.
* INNOVATION although we have a great team and effective processes in place, we feel that there is always room for improvement, and we'll look to you to be creative as you partner with stakeholders to evaluate our operations, solve ongoing issues, and develop even better systems.
* STRONG APTITUDE for learning and developing new systems and programs.
* GOING THE EXTRA MILE ability to work overtime, as needed.
* WORK MANAGEMENT possesses the ability to work in a high paced environment with the ability to prioritize tasks.
WHAT S IN IT FOR YOU*
* ESOP Employee Stock Ownership Program. An exciting benefit from ACCO to you, free of cost.
* Company Culture of Excellence Here at ACCO, we are flexible and foster creativity
* Competitive Time Off including PTO, Sick Time, and Personal Time
* Education Reimbursement Program for career development
* United Way is our philanthropy program. We give back to the community, and we have fun while doing it! ACCO has fundraising events such as raffles and bingo throughout the year.
* Competitive benefits package and 401k
Do you have what it takes* Click the START YOUR APPLICATION link below and submit your resume. Once you ve applied, our dedicated Talent Acquisition team will be reviewing your resume. If your experiences match our needs, you ll be hearing from us by phone or email.
MORE ABOUT ACCO
Why join ACCO* ACCO Engineered Systems is one of the largest mechanical contractors in the country. Since 1934, owners and builders have selected ACCO to design, install, and maintain more than 250,000 mechanical projects. ACCO is dedicated to the design, fabrication, installation, maintenance, and service of commercial and industrial HVAC, refrigeration, plumbing, process piping, and building automation systems.
ACCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer AA M/F/V/D. We proudly hire U.S. Military Veterans, and those qualified are encouraged to apply.\n\nEqual Employment Opportunity is The Law. - Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.\nACCO will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment.
Keywords: Acco Engineered Systems, San Diego , Service Sales Engineer, Sales , San Diego, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!