Manage a staff responsible for sales planning, and fulfilling and
monitoring digital advertising campaigns - Act as a liaison to
Sales, internal teams, partners, and 3rd party vendors.
Define sales planning and fulfillment processes, best practices and
efficiencies and partner with Sales and Finance teams to ensure
revenue is maximized.
Recruit, hire and train sales planning and campaign management
Ensure both Ad Operations and Sales Planning teams are operating at
maximum efficiency, and building and executing sales plans that
meet Sales and Client needs.
Monitor all team members for appropriate communication, externally
and internally, to ensure coaching is provided and DAO is
represented in a professional and competent manner.
Hold all team members accountable to Ops team standards for
excellence, customer service, and execution.
Ensure collaborative team environment is promoted and
Stay abreast of industry issues, trends, and ad serving solutions
to suggest improvements or new ad products for the California
Represent team interests in new product innovations, knowledge
sharing, troubleshooting, and best practice development around all
things ad serving related.
Troubleshoot ad tag and ad serving errors as necessary.
Involvement in projects and other responsibilities as defined by
- Bachelor's Degree required.
- 3+ years of digital operations/ planning experience; minimum of
1 year in management/ leadership role.
- Strong leadership, managerial, and analytical skills; the
ability to analyze situations, create and implement
- Show a high degree of self-motivation and work well within an
individual and team environment.
- Fluency in digital best practices.
- Knowledge of Doubleclick for Publishers (DFP).
- Knowledge of comScore, Site Catalyst, and other digital
- In-depth knowledge of digital advertising processes (knowledge
of ad serving technologies and all components of ad campaigns
including ad units, banner delivery, rich media, and custom
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and
- Exceptional presentation skills - creation and
- Demonstrate self-direction and ability to work
- Practical knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Organized, with attention to detail and the ability to
- Must understand business objectives and advertisers' goals to
maximize revenue and advertiser performance.
- Travel required: Minimum monthly trips between LA/ San Diego or
other community office locations.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team at the Los Angeles
Times and San Diego Union-Tribune! We look forward to reviewing